Your chimney requires at least an annual sweep to ensure it remains clean and is safe to use; helping to safe guard against chimney fires and carbon monoxide poisoning.
Gareth will perform a visual safety assessment before choosing the most suitable technique for sweeping your flue. He will ensure the appliance is sealed to prevent any soot from escaping. Gareth will then sweep your chimney and use his specialist hepa filtered vacuum to remove any falling debris. Once the sweeping process has been completed any fallen soot will be cleaned. A smoke test will then be carried out to check your chimney is clear from any obstruction and functioning correctly. Your appliance, open fire etc will be left soot free and ready for use. On successful completion, you will then be issued with your industry standard certificate.
We sweep a variety of appliances including;
Multi-fuel stoves, Wood burning stoves, Open fires, Agas, Rayburns and Biomass systems.
* Birds nests and other blockages remedied
* Friendly, helpful and reliable advice
* Fuel advice and testing of wood quality
* Do not use the appliance the evening before your scheduled appointment. This will allow the appliance time to have cooled ready to be swept.
* Keep a clear route from the entrance to the appliance and clearÂ all ornaments from the hearth.
* Keep a space free of at least 2m square if possible, move any furniture that may be in the way.
* Clear the grate of any fuel, ash or rubbish ready for your appointment.
Frequency will depend on a number of factors including: Type of fuel, appliance used, duration of use, moisture content of wood fuel and type of chimney. We will be able to advise on sweeping frequency during your appointment. The sweeping frequencies below are for guidance.
* Smokeless Fuel – At least once a year
* Wood – Quarterly when in use (once a burning season)
* Bituminous Coal – Twice a year
* Oil – Once a year
* Gas – Once a year
Guild of Master Chimney Sweeps Certified & Hetas Approved Chimney Sweep - open 7 days a week - 8AM to 8PM - 07802 452660
Covering the whole of Mid-Wales and beyond including Rhayader, Llanidloes, Newtown, Welshpool, Shrewsbury, Llandrindod Wells and Oswestry!